As the coronavirus is continuing to disrupt our families, nation and the world over the past several days, I wanted to take a moment to count my blessings.
I am thankful that working in IT has provided a steady income for most of the past 10 years. I have been able to share my knowledge with others and help them to work more efficiently, and build systems to collect and report on data that aids their decision making.
Beyond the financial rewards of working in the IT field, I consider how fortunate I am to be in an age where technology allows me to continue with daily functions right now, despite the fact that I have drastically reduced how much I leave home. I could never have imagined the progress that has been made since I started this blog nearly a decade ago.
We have numerous options to:
- Shop for food and other goods online, and have them shipped to our homes, or we can drive to a pick-up station
- Meet with colleagues and potential clients using online/virtual meeting software
- Send/receive payments for work completed using online banking
- Send/receive communication 24/7
- Take classes and earn a degree online
And, we can still use our mobile telephones to hold a voice chat with a relative or friend, old school style.
Let’s stay safe and help keep our aged family and neighbors safe from harm and prevent further losses of life!
The logos are owned by the respective companies.
Let’s share ideas!